Call for new CIVICA Ambassadors 2023/2024
Do you enjoy exchanging ideas with your peers from different European higher education institutions?
Are you eager to work in a multicultural and diverse environment?
Would you like to support pan-European student and (post)doctoral researcher collaboration?
Become a CIVICA Ambassador for the academic year 2023/24! You will work alongside students and (post)doctoral researchers who share your dedication to bring about a better Europe. You will benefit from rich exchanges of knowledge and ideas, countless networking opportunities, and the chance to contribute to an innovative higher education project.
What you should know
- In the footsteps of the previous cohorts
- The ten partner institutions of CIVICA
- Your profile to become a CIVICA Ambassador
- Your role as a CIVICA Ambassador
As an Ambassador, you will act as an informal voice of the CIVICA alliance and bring the CIVICA communities closer together. Moreover, the position allows you to turn your ideas for collaborative projects into reality. Among others, the previous cohort was involved in the following CIVICA activities and offers:
- They unravelled the futurEU Competition for the publication of a visionary policy brief
- They supported the CIVICA for Ukraine project, and contributed to the "Plan of Reconstruction and European Integration of Ukraine" report
- They released the Report on the Future of Europe and worked on a common project to evaluate the performance of the European monetary union "Towards a More Optimal Eurozone"
- They founded the Doctoral Research Groups, an initiative to connect PhDs and postdocs around research areas of interest
- They launched the Green CIVICA project
- They participated in Over to Europe – the podcast of the CIVICA community
- They participated in civic engagement activities, such as exchanges with high school students
- They supported the CIVICA European Weeks
- They launched and run the Instagram account civica.ambassadors
- They represented CIVICA in high-level events hosted by prestigious institutions in Europe, such as:
- the European Student Assembly in Strasbourg
- the SMLH Centenary Event at the French Embassy in Rome
- and international conferences, like VivaTech 2022 in Paris.
CIVICA unites ten world-renowned higher education institutions in Europe:
- Bocconi University (Italy)
- Central European University (Austria and Hungary)
- European University Institute (Intergovernmental)
- Hertie School (Germany)
- IE University (Spain)
- National University of Political Studies and Public Administration (Romania)
- Sciences Po (France)
- SGH Warsaw School of Economics (Poland)
- Stockholm School of Economics (Sweden)
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (United Kingdom).
Are you a student or (post)doctoral researcher at one of these universities?
Apply to become the CIVICA Ambassador for this academic year (2023/2024)!
- student or (post)doctoral researcher of any age, study programme and nationality enrolled at one of the ten CIVICA universities at least until the end of the spring semester 2023
- good level of English
- active in your community
- passionate about the value of collaboration across borders
- excited about the CIVICA alliance and its opportunities
- promote CIVICA’s mission, opportunities and events on your campus and beyond
- act as a first point of contact for CIVICA for your peers and an informal voice of the alliance (e.g. provide testimonials)
- propose bottom-up projects or participate in existing ones
- participate in regular online meetings with the other Ambassadors and with the CIVICA representatives
- participate in an in-person workshop with all Ambassadors hosted by the SGH Warsaw School of Economics
- participate in civic engagement and dissemination activities and occasionally participate in CIVICA’s work package meetings to bring your perspective
- help with the organisation of other CIVICA events and initiatives
Expected time commitment: max. 15h/month
Your profile and contact information will be displayed on a dedicated section of the CIVICA website.
Interested in applying?
Express your interest directly via e-mail to the CIVICA representatives at your home university. You will receive more details about the number of available positions and the application process.
List of contacts at each CIVICA partner institution:
|Partner institution||Contact point||Application deadline|
|Bocconi University||civica(at)unibocconi.it||6 October|
|Hertie School||civica(at)hertie-school.org||6 October|
|IE University||civica(at)ie.edu||6 October|
|Sciences Po||Marina Casanova-Rossi:|
|SGH Warsaw||Małgorzata Chromy:|