CIVICA embodies our ambition, as forward-thinking higher education institutions, to assume our civic responsibility as Europeans towards both future European generations and the role of Europe in the world.
We aim to:
- Actively assume political responsibility as Europeans towards future generations
- Raise the voice of the social sciences in the competitive world of higher education
- Take part in the grand collective plan to transform the world of research and higher education
The CIVICA alliance aims to serve European societies. As such, we will:
- Address current and emerging challenges, using existing and new means for and approaches to education, research and outreach in the social sciences and related areas
- Give the next generations of Europeans the knowledge and tools to understand and influence an increasingly complex world
- Create a European critical mass to advise policymakers on the challenges faced by societies
- Build upon decades of successful partnerships to deliver long-term joint strategic goals and immediate concrete action
2022 is envisaged as the first horizon for the CIVICA project; 2025 as a second horizon; and beyond 2025 as a third horizon and long-term strategy.