In a bid to enhance collaboration, accelerate research initiatives, and strengthen ties across member institutions, the second round of CIVICA Faculty Short Visits is set to commence this December.
Short Visits for CIVICA Faculty
Faculty and postdoctoral researchers in CIVICA universities are invited to submit proposals for a short 2-5 day visit at another CIVICA university.
The call aims to foster collaborative activities, to further existing links or to establish new ones. Activities may include, but are not limited to, giving a CIVICA-branded talk, participating in a CIVICA-branded conference, organising/participating in workshops or seminars for PhD researchers, networking with faculty, discussing potential research projects. The visit should ideally be a combination of a minimum of two activities (e.g. a talk and a workshop). Successful applications will receive funding to cover travel and accommodation. Costs are covered by the home institution.
The application deadline is 5 November 2023, 23:59pm (CET).
The CIVICA Faculty Short Visits Scheme is a series of regular calls that can also be used in combination with the CIVICA Thematic Seminar Series, and/or the CIVICA Workshop on Historical Persistence Mechanisms.
The visits will take place between 1 December 2023 and 15 March 2024, after having been approved by the PDT.
Who can apply?
What should the application contain?
- Application Form
- An email from host institution, confirming the visit and activities
The application form and attached files must be submitted electronically to research(at)civica.eu with the subject line “Application for CIVICA Faculty Short Visits” by November 5.
How will the proposals be evaluated?
Submitted applications will be evaluated by the ‘Permanent Design Team’ (PDT) of CIVICA. The PDT consists of vice-presidents for research and/or senior faculty of the ten CIVICA partner universities. Selected applications will be financed by the sending/home university in accordance with the home university’s financial rules and allocated CIVICA budget.
What is financed?
Travel and accommodation costs directly related to the visit are eligible. Per diem may be paid at the discretion of the sending institution.
This call is financed from CIVICA Erasmus+, with the only exception of LSE which is self-funded. Each CIVICA partner university has a different budget for this call. To find out more on available funding, please contact your local grant coordinating unit before applying. The list of contact persons at each CIVICA partner is reported at the end of this page.
- 20 October 2023: Call for Short Visits announced
- 5 November 2023: Application deadline
- 22 November 2023: Announcement of selected applicants published here.
- December 2023 - March 2024: Visits take place
Contact persons at partner institutions
- Bocconi: Claudia Piccioni, claudia.piccioni[at]unibocconi.it
- CEU: Timea Mester-Takacs, mtakacst[at]@ceu.edu
- EUI: Zeineb Mazouz, zeineb.mazouz[at]eui.eu
- Hertie School: Enora Palaric, palaric[at]hertie-school.org
- IE University: Celia Rubio, civica[at]ie.edu
- LSE: Helen Rosemont, h.v.rosemont[at]lse.ac.uk
- Sciences Po: Elsa Bedos, elsa.bedos[at]sciencespo.fr or Marinela Popa-Babay, marinela.popababay[at]sciencespo.fr
- SGH: Łukasz Skrok, lskrok[at]sgh.waw.pl
- SNSPA: Gabriel Viiu, gabriel.alexandru.viiu[at]snspa.ro
- SSE: Jelena Angelis, jelena.angelis[at]hhs.se