CIVICA Engage Track
The CIVICA Engage Track is a European multi-campus, interdisciplinary bachelor experience with a focus on civic engagement.
By combining academic study and social commitment, the selected students can explore and respond to value-laden topics like responsibility and sustainability. They do this work in specific CIVICA Engage courses, through hands-on interaction with community-based organisations, and by sharing experience and reflections with CIVICA Engage students and other audiences.
The CIVICA Engage Track is offered by eight CIVICA partners:
- Bocconi University, Italy
- Central European University, Austria and Hungary
- IE University, Spain
- SNSPA, Romania
- Sciences Po, France
- SGH Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
- Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
- The London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom
- For students with a strong civic engagement: an unparalleled way for students to highlight their commitment to civic issues and do good together with a diverse set of ambitious students from all over Europe
- Provides access to some of the best teaching institutions in Europe
- Field work, coaching, guest lectures, group work, experience sharing and creative events with students from all over Europe
Components of the CIVICA Engage Track
The CIVICA Engage Track consists of two major components: students admitted to the track can combine different possibilities to achieve their Certificate of Completion.
- First component: Completion of two of the following options
- Engage Course at your home university
- Engage Course at a host university
- European Week
- Second component: Showcase Assignment
You can take one Engage Course per term.
The European Week usually takes place in June.
- One-week programme, usually in summer
- Students receive an Attendance Certificate
A European Week takes place once per academic year at one of the participating universities. This multifaceted programme includes academic content and active engagement with local organisations, and of course interaction and collaboration with other CIVICA Engage students.
CIVICA Engage Courses
The participating universities (Bocconi, CEU, IE University, SNSPA, Sciences Po, SGH, SSE and LSE) offer CIVICA Engage Courses each term. These courses offer a distinct experience within a broad range of social sciences on a relevant topic for society.
For more information on available courses, please access my.civica.eu with your university credentials.
The CIVICA Engage Showcase Assignment is the final option to complete the CIVICA Engage Track.
The Showcase Assigment consists of two parts, where students will:
- Undertake a personal analytical reflection of their learning experiences along the CIVICA Engage Track, through articulating their own experiences, learning, strengths and areas for development.
- Showcase their learning experiences during the CIVICA Engage Track in reference to a European challenge through a short media piece aimed at external audiences.
Engage Track at a glance
Participation in the CIVICA Engage Track means that students:
- Choose at least two of these three options:
- Engage Course at the home university
- Engage Course at a partner university
- European Week
- Write and submit both modules of the Showcase Assignment
- Receive a certificate upon successful completion of the Track
Application and contact information
Please contact your home university for details on the admission procedures.
- Bocconi University: civica[at]unibocconi.it
- CEU: Alzbeta Klatova, klatovaa[at]ceu.edu
- IE University: Borja Santos, borja.santos[at]ie.edu
- SNSPA: Radulescu Crina, crina.radulescu[at]administratiepublica.eu
- Sciences Po: Sandra Biondo, sandra.biondo[at]sciencespo.fr
- SGH Warsaw School of Economics: Malgorzata Znoykowicz-Wierzbicka, mznoyk[at]sgh.waw.pl
- SSE: civica[at]hhs.se
- LSE: Emily Harrison, global[at]lse.ac.uk
For general inquiries about the CIVICA Engage Track, please contact civica[at]hhs.se.
Photo header: Priscila Elias, SSE