CIVICA for all
A safe space for refugee and displaced students and researchers within CIVICA.
The main goal of "CIVICA for all" is to provide a safe and respectful space for displaced and refugee students, in which they can get up-to-date information for scholarships and opportunities in the higher education sector. You can join "CIVICA for all" on my.civica.eu, where you can access resources for displaced and refugee students and researchers.
Why join "CIVICA for all" online?
- Meet and connect with other refugee and displaced students in a safe space.
- Find news, opportunities, and resources that can provide you support.
- Share documentation that may be useful to your peers.
- Alumni meet-up
Thursday, 21 December, 5:30pm CET
For this and more upcoming events, please sign up here >>
- "CIVICA for all" and Intercultural Communication Workshop
by Maja Skalar, OSUN Secretariat at CEU
Thursday 23 November, 6pm CET
The aim of this workshop is to use the incredibly diverse student body of CIVICA institutions to build awareness of our own cultures, share intercultural examples and stories, gain insight into theories of cultural dimensions and enhance intercultural communication skills through games, role plays and simulations. Participants are encouraged to bring their own stories, examples, experiences to have a truly interactive and informative training in an open and curious ambience.
This training aims to serve as an introduction into intercultural communication. It can also be useful for participants who would like to learn about types of activities and methodology for delivering trainings on intercultural communication.
At the end of the training participants will:
- Have a basic understanding of the key theories and concepts in the intercultural field
- Be able to define how our own perceptions and cultural values influence our attitudes and behaviour
- Gain awareness of how culture forms an integral part of international communication
- Recognize when communication difficulties stem from cultural differences
- Have enhanced skills in intercultural communication