Focus is on AI, data science and digital transformation and on strengthening CIVICA network.
Alumni from the CIVICA university network are invited to apply for a workshop on The Future of Work: AI, Data Science and Digital Transformation on 10 and 11 November 2020.
The workshop objective. Developing skills in data science and artificial intelligence (AI) have been identified as major challenges by the world’s leading economies, including Germany, the UK and the USA. Their AI skills strategies aim to equip citizens for the impact of next generation technology on their jobs and on the labour market. Evidence shows a fast-growing demand for expertise in AI, data science, and digital domains.
This workshop brings together alumni from the Hertie School and its CIVICA partners, and top researchers from partner data science programmes to discuss the skills needed in the Future of Work as well as in the workplace of today.
Please note that the workshop will be held in a hybrid model or fully online, depending on Corona regulations in Berlin.
Is your work related to data in either the public, private or the third sector? Do you feel that you could contribute to these questions and the CIVICA alumni network? Find out below if you are eligible for the workshop, apply and spread the word!
- You are an alum of a university in the CIVICA alliance (Bocconi University, Central European University, the European University Institute, the National University of Political Studies and Public Administration, Sciences Po, the Stockholm School of Economics or The London School of Economics and Political Science)
- You will be able to attend the entire workshop (10-11 November 2020)
To apply please send us the following documents in one PDF:
- Your CV, which includes the following information:
- Your current main place of residence
- The name of your university, programme and year of your graduation
- A letter of motivation that includes a reflection on The Future of Work: AI, Data Science and Digital Transformation, how it impacts your work and how you could contribute to the workshop, as well as some ideas on how you would like to support or contribute to the international CIVICA alumni network (maximum of 1 page)
Please send all documents to alumnirelations[at]hertie-school[dot]org by 23 October 2020
The workshop is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)