On 4-5 February 2020, the National University of Political Studies and Public Administration (SNSPA) in Bucharest, Romania hosted the first meeting of CIVICA's Work Package 8, on international partnerships.
Representatives of the CIVICA alliance discussed strategies for creating a global network of universities in the social sciences, opportunities to increase the international attractiveness of CIVICA and the development of joint initiatives in executive education.
Keynote speeches were delivered by:
- Remus Pricopie, Rector, National University of Political Studies and Public Administration (SNSPA)
- Aurélien Krejbich, Executive Director CIVICA
- Ligia Deca, Presidential Adviser, Department of Education and Research
- Sorin Costreie, Prime Minister's Advisor on Education and Science, Romanian Government and Vice-Rector, University of Bucharest
- Adrian Curaj, General Director, Executive Agency for Higher Education, Research, Development and Innovation Funding (UEFISCDI) and former minister of Education
- Luminița Matei, General Director, International Relations and European Affairs, Ministry of Education and Research
- Diana-Camelia Iancu, Dean, Faculty of Public Administration and Executive Manager of SNSPA for CIVICA
- Răzvan Balaban, SNSPA PhD Student
The event also featured the formal launch of CIVICA at SNSPA, which brought together the representatives of CIVICA universities, representatives of Romanian authorities, SNSPA students, academics, researchers and admin staff.
Watch a video below: