CIVICA Research Excellence Tours
The Excellence Tours organised under CIVICA Research aims to assert the scientific identity of the CIVICA alliance within the global academic community.
Leading scholars are invited on a ‘tour’ whereby they give seminars and/or workshops across several CIVICA institutions. These events allow scholars to present their research, share their expertise, and meet with faculty and early-stage researchers at the host institutions.
Scholars are selected by CIVICA’s thematic research teams and come from different disciplines to present on a topic related to CIVICA's four focus areas:
- Societies in Transition, Crises of Earth
- Democracy in the 21st Century
- Europe Revisited
- Data-Driven Technologies for the Social Sciences
Follow the series on Twitter: #CIVICAExcellenceTours
"The geometry of misinformation: The link between polarization and misinformation in online multidimensional political settings" by Pedro Ramaciotti Morales, researcher at the computer science department at Sorbonne University, and at the Centre for European Studies and the médialab at Sciences Po.
- Tuesday 23 May, Bocconi University
- Wednesday 24 May, Hertie School
- Friday 26 May, SNSPA
"Centering black women in EU equality law" by Iyiola Solanke, Jacques Delors Professor of European Union Law at the University of Oxford and Fellow of Somerville College.
- Tuesday 14 March, LSE
- Thursday 25 May, Hertie School
Excellence Tours in the series
- Nuclear Weapons Choices Governing Vulnerabilities Between Past and Future
- Familiarity with the political role of ethnic minorities reduces voter bias against candidates of immigrant origin
- Governance for transformative change: Lessons from the EU’s sustainability transition
Talk by Dr Benoît Pelopidas, chair of excellence in security studies at CERI (Sciences Po).
- 17 January 2023, hosted by Uppsala University
- 18 January 2023 12-1:15pm, hosted by the Stockholm School of Economics
- 19 January 2023, hosted by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute
- 1 March 2023 3:30-5pm, hosted by Central European University
- 3 March 2023 10am-12pm, hosted by the Hertie School
Talk by Dr. Julia Schulte-Cloos, Research Fellow at the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies of the EUI.
Talk by Jerneja Penca, Associate Professor and Head of Academic Affairs at the Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI), Slovenia.