CIVICA Research Conference
1-2 September 2022 | CEU, Budapest Campus
CIVICA – The European University of Social Sciences hosted the CIVICA Research Conference held on 1-2 September 2022 at Central European University’s (CEU) Budapest Campus in Hungary.
The conference brings together faculty and researchers from CIVICA's eight leading European universities in the social sciences: Bocconi University, CEU, EUI, Hertie School, SNSPA, Sciences Po, SSE, and LSE.
The conference is organised around the four core themes of CIVICA:
- Societies in Transition, Crises of Earth
- Democracy in the 21st Century
- Europe Revisited
- Data-Driven Technologies for the Social Sciences.
The conference is open to everyone interested.
A glimpse into the panels
- Academics at Risk
- Data Analysis for Social Good
- Migration and Integration in Europe: Rethinking the Taken for Granted
- Public Policy Decisions – Stimulating or Preventing Solutions for Societies in Transition?
- Sensing Opinions and Inequalities from Digital Public Spaces
- Social Media Analysis Meets Social Sciences
- Vlad Terteleac, Adjunct Professor, SNSPA
- Nataliia Ivchyk, Associate Professor in the Department of Political Sciences, Rivne State Humanities University
- Jeff Hawn, PhD researcher in the Department of International History, LSE
Moderator: Andrea Peto, Professor in the Department of Gender Studies, CEU
- Elisa Omodei, Assistant Professor in the Department of Network and Data Science, CEU
- Mihai Păunescu, Director of the Department of Political Sciences and Vice-Rector, SNSPA
- Márton Karsai, Associate Professor in the Department of Network and Data Science, CEU
Moderator: Rickard Sandberg, Associate Professor in the Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Technology, SSE
- Cristian Pîrvulescu, Dean of the Faculty of Political Sciences and Professor, SNSPA
- Sarah Ganty, Senior Researcher at the Human Rights Center, Ghent University
- Laurence Romani, Professor in the Department of Management and Organization, SSE
Moderator: Fulvia Ristuccia, PhD researcher in the Department of Law, Bocconi University
- Charlotte Halpern, Researcher at the Centre for European studies and comparative politics, Sciences Po
- Alexios Antypas, Associate Professor in the Department of Environmental Sciences and Policy, CEU
- Duncan Edmondson, Postdoctoral researcher at the Centre for Sustainability, Hertie School
Moderator: Jelena Angelis, Research Grants and Partnerships Expert in the Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Technology, SSE
- Jean-Philippe Cointet, Researcher at médialab, Sciences Po
- Nicolò Cavalli, Assistant Professor in the Department of Social and Political Sciences, Bocconi University
- Seraphine Maerz, Research Fellow in the Department of Social Sciences, Goethe University Frankfurt
- Joanna Bryson, Professor of Ethics and Technology, Hertie School
Moderator: Charlotta Kronblad, Postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Technology, SSE
- Fabiana Zollo, Researcher, Ca' Foscari University of Venice
- Duilio Balsamo, Research Fellow in the Department of Social and Political Sciences, Bocconi University
- Júlia Koltai, Senior researcher at the Centre for Social Sciences and Associate Professor, Eötvös Loránd University
Moderator: Petra Novak Kralj, Assistant Professor in the Department of Network and Data Science, CEU
Online participants will receive the link to attend the conference few days before the event.
Video & audio will be recorded during the entire event and made available, partly or in full, on the channels of CIVICA, its member institutions, and partners. By joining the event, you automatically consent to the recording. If you do not consent to being recorded, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is organised in the framework of CIVICA - The European University of Social Sciences. CIVICA brings together eight leading European higher education institutions in the social sciences to mobilise and share knowledge as a public good and to facilitate civic responsibility in Europe and beyond.
CIVICA was selected by the European Commission as one of the pilot European Universities under Erasmus+.