Bocconi, Sciences Po, SSE and LSE launch the second edition of the European Week, this year dedicated to sport and social impact.
European Week 2022
- Are you drawn to social engagement?
- Are you eager to work with international peers?
- Do you like to learn through projects and interaction?
- Would you like to learn more about the social impact of sport on individuals and communities?
If you are a yes-person here, the CIVICA European Week is something for you.
At a glance
The CIVICA European Week is both a stand-alone learning event and a central element of the CIVICA Engage Track, a newly launched bachelor experience open to eligible students at the four participating universities:
- Bocconi University, Italy
- Sciences Po, France
- Stockholm School of Economics, Sweden
- The London School of Economics and Political Science, United Kingdom
When & where?
The European Week 2022 takes place on 20-24 June and is hosted in presence by Bocconi University in Milan.
Travelling students are expected to arrive in Milan on 19 June, while the earliest suggested departure date is 25 June and the latest is 26 June. All organizational details will be shared directly with the selected participants nominated by their home university.
- 40 bachelor students from Bocconi, Sciences Po, SSE and LSE working together
- Expert lecturers from the participating universities
- Partner organisations (sports club, foundations, and NGOs) working within the sports ecosystem
Topic of European Week 2022: Sport and social impact
Sport encourages a healthy lifestyle, fosters and promotes integrity and social cohesion as well as a shared sense of belonging.
Sport is also an essential part of the European identity and an integral part of the economy, employing millions of European citizens.
The CIVICA European Week 2022 aims to raise students’ understanding and awareness of the pivotal role of sport and of its social impact on individuals, communities and the society as a whole.
The theoretical part will be presented by the Bocconi faculty as a background, while the priority will be given to engagement and interaction with local partner organizations and hands-on projects.
Participants will have the chance to fully grasp the power of sport in fostering and improving social development, inclusion and advancement both at the individual and community level, while understanding the typical dynamics of sports business and management.
Your learning experience
Five days of intense and immersive learning and engagement with external stakeholders and partner organisations, guided by a team of instructors and tutors
Projects and assignments to develop in teams with other international students with diverse expertise and backgrounds
Visits and meetings with sport clubs, foundations and NGOs based in the Milan area and in Italy
Social and networking activities
- Day 1: Welcome & introduction, lectures, Visit & Play at Bocconi Sports Center, welcome networking event
- Days 2, 3 and 4: group projects commissioned by selected external partners assigned and developed each day + daily off-campus visits for immersive experiences and interaction with experts and stakeholders
- Day 5: Take-aways and conclusions, CIVICA Roundtable, off-campus activity and farewell networking event
Reasons for you to participate
- highlight your commitment to civic issues
- do good together with fellow students from all over Europe
- have access to some of the best teaching institutions in Europe
- engage in field work, coaching, guest lectures, group work and experience sharing
More information about the European Week
Please contact your home university for more information about the European Week.
- Bocconi University: civica[at]unibocconi.it
- Sciences Po: civicaengagebachelortrack[at]sciencespo.fr
- SSE: civica[at]hhs.se
- LSE: global[at]lse.ac.uk
Photo credits to Bocconi University
Video, photos and audio will be recorded during the entire event and made available, partly or in full, on the channels of CIVICA, its member institutions, and partners. By joining the event, you automatically consent to the recording. If you do not consent to being recorded, please discuss your concerns with the event's host at civica(at)hhs.se. Please also visit https://www.hhs.se/gdpr for more information.