Through outreach and joint projects, the Ambassadors have brought CIVICA communities closer.
Call for new CIVICA Ambassadors – Academic Year 2021-2022
Do you enjoy exchanging ideas with your peers?
Are you eager to work in a multicultural and diverse environment?
Would you like to support pan-European student and (post)doctoral researcher collaboration?
Become a CIVICA Ambassador for the academic year 2021/22! You will work alongside students and (post)doctoral researchers who share your dedication to bring about a better Europe. You will benefit from rich exchanges of knowledge and ideas, countless networking opportunities, and the chance to contribute to an innovative higher education project.
As an Ambassador, you will act as an informal voice of the CIVICA alliance and bring the CIVICA communities closer together. Moreover, the position allows you to turn your ideas for collaborative projects into reality. Among others, the previous cohort was involved in the following CIVICA activities and offers:
- They unravelled the futurEU Competition for the publication of a visionary policy brief
- They drafted a Report on the Future of Europe – soon to be publicised!
- They founded an initiative to connect PhDs and postdocs around research areas of interest
- They participated in Over to Europe – the podcast of the CIVICA community
- They participated in civic engagement activities, such as exchanges with high school students
- They supported the CIVICA European Week 2021
The 2020/21 cohort of CIVICA Ambassadors
- student or (post)doctoral researcher of any age, study programme and nationality enrolled at a CIVICA university at least until the end of the spring semester 2022
- good level of English
- active in your community
- passionate about the value of collaboration across borders
- excited about the CIVICA alliance and its opportunities
The Ambassador role
- promote CIVICA’s mission, opportunities and events on your campus and beyond
- act as a first point of contact for CIVICA for your peers and an informal voice of the alliance (e.g. provide testimonials)
- propose bottom-up projects or participate in existing ones
- participate in regular online meetings with the other Ambassadors and with the CIVICA Secretariat
- participate in an in-person two-day workshop with all Ambassadors hosted by the Hertie School in Berlin (November 2021, pandemic-permitting)
- participate in civic engagement and dissemination activities and occasionally participate in CIVICA’s work package meetings to bring your perspective
- help with the organisation of other CIVICA events and initiatives
Expected time commitment: 10-15 h/month
Your profile and contact information will be displayed on a dedicated section of the CIVICA website.
Interested in applying?
At the start of the academic year 2021/22, your home university will offer more details about the number of available positions, the application process and deadline.
Learn more about the manifold CIVICA opportunities from the 2020/21 Ambassadors
SNSPA has exchange agreements with a wide range of universities throughout the world. Students from partner universities come to study at our university for a semester or an academic year. Additionally, SNSPA's membership in CIVICA creates even more opportunities for our students to interact with peers from across Europe.
LSE’s CIVICA Ambassadors Liam Selsby and Fiona Gogescu hosted an online conversation with peers (on 21 October 2020), “LSE and CIVICA: What does our relationship mean to you?”. The event gave students the opportunity to reflect on LSE’s role in the CIVICA alliance and what they expect from the collaboration.